Today I’m going to teach you some easy ways to start incorporating herbs into your busy everyday life. I know the prospect can seem quite daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are five ways to give it a try.
- Add them to your salads Our family eats a lot of salads, and we love adding some fresh herbs for some flavor and medicinal benefits.
- Put some essential oils into your lotion If you don’t want to make your own lotion just yet, simply buy a natural, unscented lotion and add some essential oils to it. For an 8 oz bottle, 40 drops of essential oil is a good amount.
- Make some tea Starting your collection of herbal teas is a great way to get some herbs into your day. Your local grocery store might have the brand we like to use.
- Have a smoothie I usually have a smoothie in the morning, and adding herbal tea instead of water is a fun way to get some herbs in there.
- Make your own salad dressing My mom is one of the best when it comes to making salad dressing! She usually puts in a combination of fresh herbs, water, oil, salt and pepper.
I hope you try some of these! It’s a lot of fun, and does not have to be time consuming. For my fellow students out there, making a cup of tea before starting your school only takes a couple of minutes, and when your brain is getting tired, putting on a bit of lotion with some stimulating essential oils is a great pick-me-up! And a salad with homemade salad dressing is a nutritious lunch option. Have fun with it!